To post a job on our job board, please log into your Member’s Account.
Chef de Partie
WHY WORK FOR HILTON WHISTLER RESORT & SPA
The Hilton Whistler Resort & Spa is the Heart and Soul of the Whistler Experience! We offer our employees a fun and professional work environment with training and career advancement opportunities.
As a Chef de Partie you will receive the following benefits:
- Staff Accommodation
- Life and Leisure Program - Receive an additional incentive for each day that you work!
- Free Pass for either Whistler Mountain Bike Park or Unlimited Ski Pass for Winter Season 2022/2023
- Extended Health Benefits
- Pension Plans
- Free Meals
- Free On-Site Staff Parking
- 50% Discount at Cinnamon Bear Bar & Grille
- Tuition Reimbursement Plans
- An Unbelievable Hilton Team Member Travel Program!
Serving in a supervisorial role under the primary direction of the Executive Chef and/or Sous Chefs when Executive chef is absent in command of the line service staff. The Chef De Partie ensures the successful daily operations of the culinary team. Overseeing the service aspect of food production, he/she assists with production ensuring proper preparation techniques and quantities for functions and daily service.
- 3 years fine dining, banquet, and buffet experience combined
- Complete understanding of meat and fish butchery
- Complete understanding of food costing and the ability to set proper pricing of both specials and standard menu items
- Able to prepare weekly schedules in accordance with business levels
- Possess complete understanding of inventory control and ordering and able to troubleshoot potential issues.
- Must supply own knives and have excellent knife handling skills
- Computer and administrative skills
- Team leader and possess the ability to guide and encourage less senior team members
- Able to work any and all stations and understanding and use of all pieces of equipment in the kitchen.
- Must use proper preparation techniques and ensure the team prepares adequate quantities for successful execution of daily service in their assigned section.
- Must be creative and passionate about the culinary arts with the ability to learn and adapt new techniques and styles as instructed
- Must be available for shift work
- Must be personable and able to multi task while under extreme pressure and maintain composure
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Understanding of proactive performance management and the importance of progressive discipline
- Ability to lead by example and motivate team members
- First aid an asset
- Level 2 Food Safe Formal culinary education an asset. Red seal qualification or International equivalent