To post a job on our job board, please log into your Member’s Account.
Chef de Cuisine
Toptable Group is one of the most highly respected hospitality groups in Canada, encompassing eight of the leading restaurants in Vancouver and Whistler: Araxi Restaurant + Oyster Bar and The Cellar by Araxi, Bar Oso, Il Caminetto, Blue Water Cafe + Raw Bar, Elisa, CinCin Ristorante + Bar, and West Restaurant + Bar, as well as chocolaterie-pâtisserie, Thierry Cafe. Continuing to evolve in the pursuit of excellence, each venue has received significant critical acclaim, both locally and internationally. For more information, visit www.toptable.ca.
Toptable Group is looking for an experienced hands on Chef de Cuisine to join our team in Whistler, BC. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of an experienced kitchen team and work with exceptional seasonal products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(other duties may be assigned as required)
- A hands on role, responsible for the overall management of culinary staff for a station during mise-en-place and service, including supervising activities of cooks and stewards.
- Participates in the kitchen as a hands on Chef de Cuisine, cooking along-side other culinary staff
- Supports the hiring and training of all culinary team members
- Coordinates all food requisitions for event menu requirements
- Creates menus for specific client requests
- Engages with guests, as well as, team members to ensure exceptional hospitality
- Works with others to ensure correct billing of food, labor, taxes and gratuities etc.
- Maintains sanitation standards throughout the kitchens to comply with Provincial regulations.
- Manage sales revenues and operating expenses effectively
- Provides input into product ordering and oversees receiving within corporate specifications.
- Ensures food quality in presentation and production throughout the venue
- Supports the mentorship and development of all culinary team members on a daily basis
- Assists with other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a Chef de Cuisine, at a premium, fine dining, high volume establishment
- Equivalent Red Seal certification, a degree in the Culinary Arts or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- An inspiring leader who has proven skills rallying a team to achieve its highest potential
- An ongoing awareness and responsiveness to client satisfaction.
- Proven knowledge of inventory/cost control with an understanding of Industry business principles
- Works well under pressure in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Impeccable creative culinary abilities
- Experience in food costing and menu development
- An excellent knowledge of food and wine pairings
- Must be seafood and shellfish tolerant
- An energetic and motivated team player
- Highly committed to a premium level of quality
- Skilled at developing and creating dining experiences that drive customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to apply. This position will remain open until filled.