To post a job on our job board, please log into your Member’s Account.
Site Supervisor - custom residential and commercial - Coast Construction
Coast Construction is a full-service construction company specializing in design build, construction management and general contracting services. Our diverse scope of work includes premium custom-built homes, substantial residential renovations and commercial construction. We are committed to superior craftmanship, exceptional client service and positive work environments.
The Site Supervisor is responsible for construction site operations to ensure the project completes on time and on budget while maintaining Coast Construction’s superior standards of safety, build quality and client service. Reports to Owner/General Manager and Operations Manager and works closely with the Project Manager in implementing the project schedule, controlling costs, recording site activity and maintaining positive relationships with clients, sub-trades and employees. Site Leader is a highly-motivated and experienced carpenter, capable of working under limited supervision who demonstrates independent judgement and analytical thinking and who fits within Coast’s collaborative culture.
JOB STATUS: Full Time, Permanent
SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week, Monday – Friday. Extended hours and/or weekend work may be required at times to maintain project schedule
REMUNERATION: Competitive wage dependent on qualifications. Medical and Health benefits
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Valid BC driver’s license and access to a reliable insured vehicle.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up the Site Office, installs appropriate Coast signage, equipment and organizes first aid supplies
- Coordinates ordering of site services with PM
- Establishes and maintains a positive relationship with neighbors and provides notification when upcoming site activities may cause abnormally high noise or other major inconvenience
- Provides a work environment that stimulates and supports subordinates. In conjunction with the PM, projects staffing needs with Operations Manager throughout the project
- Leads and directs all site personnel - assigns work and takes responsibility for their performance. Brings personnel problems to the attention of the Operations Manager and makes written reports where appropriate
- Attend meetings Project Manager and Carpenters to stay informed on project progression
- Reads and interprets plans and specifications as provided by the Architects and Consultants, provides clarification to employees and trade contractors as necessary. Identifies problem areas and brings them to the attention of the PM, Architects and Consultants promptly and with a suggested course of action
- Assists PM in developing a scope of work for tendering purposes and for the issuance of Purchase Orders. Identifies items to be detailed in Change Orders or to be back-charged to trades if and when necessary
- Directs and coordinates the work of all trade contractors - establishing schedule, workflow and priorities. Assists in resolving layout and trade coordination problems ensuring performance according to contract terms and reports problems to the PM.
- Liaise with City and Municipal officials and inspectors to create positive working relationships
- In conjunction with the PM, monitors project budget and advises on potential cost overruns and cost savings. Provides clarification for PM to approve job cost invoices
- Ensures that all deliveries to site have been verified for accuracy in quantity and measurement and that all quality problems or damage are noted prior to signing delivery slip
- Orders/picks up miscellaneous site supplies and rental tools
- Tracks company tool use and uses company tool tracking software (Asset Panda)
- Records all daily activities and prepares daily site report
- Provides time records - tracking work against change orders or back charge items
- Coordinates necessary inspections and occupancy permits
- Participates in consultant/client/trade meetings
- Prepares hit lists/deficiency lists and assigns resources for completion
- Attend meetings with Project manager and Carpenters to stay informed on project progression
- Ensures workplace health and safety is maintained
- Committed to Coast’s core values of quality, accountability, commitment to clients, teamwork and safety
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as carpenter in residential construction projects
- Experienced in residential construction projects up to $3 million
- Ability to interpret technical drawings, specifications and create material lists
- Strong knowledge of current provincial & municipal building codes standards and regulations
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques, and methods of installation
- Highly experienced in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools
- Experience with Construction Management software (Procore) an asset
- Must maintain a minimum Level 1 Occupational First Aid certificate
- Demonstrated history of on-time and within-budget construction
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, confident with problem resolution and mediation
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure to provide superior service to our client’s and guide fellow employees and trades to work cohesively
- Proven success at taking ownership for one’s responsibilities and delivering outcomes within the defined timeframe
- Performance of the required duties may require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities are required: close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls and the ability to sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud. This position requires a high degree of personal contact, with constant multi-tasking and a high degree of stress.
- Per the Company OH&S policy employee to supply and wear hard hat, rated protective footwear, safety glasses and high vis vest, gloves etc when on construction sites.
If you are looking for a fulfilling, long-term career, please forward your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and detail how you meet the qualifications and competencies described above.
Thank you for your interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*** Please note that you must have authorization to work in Canada (you must possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Resident Status or a Work Permit).
Additional Postings available from COAST Construction