To post a job on our job board, please log into your Member’s Account.
Carpenters & Lead Carpenters *Staff accomodation available, starting wage $28 to $45/hr*
Do you want a job with a flexible schedule, fun work environment and competitive wages? JSTL Construction Ltd. is looking for Carpenters & Lead Carpenters.
- Salary: starting wage $28.00 to $45.00 per hour
- Staff Accommodation in Whistler (employee paid) Apply today to secure your accommodation!
- Extended medical plan after 3 months (employee paid): Dental care, Disability insurance, Extended health care, Life insurance, Vision care.
- Vacation paid out every pay check
- We provide tools
- Ongoing training & professional development
- We believe in the 20cm rule and offer lots of schedule flexibility - we are all here for the same reasons.
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Start date: ASAP, we are looking for staff available to start working this Summer, 2022.
Your starting wage is negotiable based on experience, and there is lots of room to grow in this dynamic company. We conduct frequent reviews and reward hard work with generous raises, and we offer opportunities to complete professional training at company expense so you can continue to learn and grow.
- Whistler-area resident with secure housing (Staff housing available!)
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Need to have steel-toed work boots and long sleeve shirts Must have reliable transportation
- Fluent in English (French or Spanish is an asset)
You have at least a couple of years prior experience or qualifications in carpentry
and construction. We are looking for carpenters, not labourers--you are competent with all or most skills and tools required for residential construction. You must be capable of working independently after receiving verbal instructions or a demonstration, and know when to ask for help. A positive attitude and willingness to contribute to the success of the team is critical.
The lead carpenter requires knowledge of all aspects of residential construction carpentry and a demonstrated ability to lead. You'll be responsible for leading a team of carpenters and labourers; coaching them on different aspects of carpentry and construction, as well as handling deliveries, managing materials on-site, tracking equipment and reporting to the project manager and office.
We are specifically looking for someone with the majority of skills and experience required to build a home from the foundation up—forming, framing, building envelope, siding, flooring, trims, installing windows & doors, drywalling, finishing, joining, installing cabinetry, assisting sub-trades. Experience with the BC building code and Whistler bylaws are an asset.
You set the example for the rest of the team by taking pride in your work, taking initiative and following through.