Whistler Excellence Awards Presented by BlueShore Financial
Celebrate Whistler's innovators, trailblazers and community cultivators! Whistler’s black tie business and community awards bring over 500 locals together for one big night to build brands and honour local legends.
Hosted by the Whistler Chamber in partnership with the Community Foundation of Whistler, Arts Whistler and AWARE presented by BlueShore Financial. The Awards honour excellence in the areas of service, innovation, sustainability, outstanding leadership in the arts, business and community service. The Rising Star Award catapults careers for those under 40 on the fast track to success!
- Business Person of the Year - Presented by BDO
- Citizen of the Year - Presented by Race & Company LLP
- Innovative Business of the Year - Presented by Perez-McKenzie Immigration
- Rising Star of the Year - Presented by RMOW
- Whistler Experience Service - Small Business - Presented by Engel & Völkers Whistler
- Whistler Experience Service - Large Business - Presented by Whistler Blackcomb
- Sustainability in Action Business - Presented by Cascade Environmental Resource Group Ltd.
- Whistler Champion of Arts & Culture - Presented by Whistler Real Estate Company
- Above and Beyond - Presented by the Hotel Association of Whistler
EMCEED BY: HEATHER PAUL
Writer / Actor / 2017 Citizen Of The Year Award recipient / Economic Development Analyst at RMOW
Heather Paul has lived in Whistler for the past 21 years, intending to stay only for one season. She soon fell in love with the snow, and eventually with ‘The Guy’. Her day job is in economic development, but she may be better known as a playwright and actress in Whistler’s Short Skirt Theatre Company. Heather’s style of production is a loving looking glass into the Whistler community. She has penned and played some memorable moments, inspired by the village we are lucky enough to call home, including: the golden robotic duos Lot-Two-Free-Too & OCP3O (A long, Long Time Ago in a Ski Resort Far, Far Away), the puckish Foxy Brownlie (A Chairlift Revue: Dave Brownlie’s Day Off), and once and for all confirming that the ‘boy who never grew up’ lives in Whistler (Captain Hook’s Revenge). Heather just completed a 6 year term on the Arts Whistler board, 3 of them as Chair. It was with the Arts Whistler team when she first attended the Whistler Excellence Awards. In 2017 Heather was the recipient of Whistler’s ‘Citizen of the Year’. She is pretty sure the absence of Facebook and social media during her first few years in this community really nailed her qualifications for the humbling honour.
Thank you to our partners:
Cancelation Policy: Payment is non refundable for cancelations made within 3 business days of the event, or non attendance on the day.
If you have registered and paid for an event or training, you will be automatically added to the attendance list.