Online, On Demand Training: Gender Diversity Basics
Date and Time
Thursday Feb 2, 2023
Member price: $29
Future Member price: $59
For many of us, transgender issues are new territory and the concepts related to gender diversity may feel overwhelming or confusing.
This mini course has five key objectives to support you in leading respectful interactions with customers and employees who are trans, non-binary, and Two-Spirit people. Take this online training and come away with:
- Increased awareness of key terms, concepts, and framework related to gender diversity
- Greater understanding of the legal, administrative, and societal context for gender diversity supported by key statistics
- Unpacking gendered assumptions that interfere with smooth and respectful interactions with trans, non-binary, and Two-Spirit customers and employees
- Providing alternatives to gendered assumptions to support respectful interactions with trans, non-binary, and Two-Spirit customers and employees
- Increased understanding of and confidence in how to recover from mistakes of name, pronouns, gender-specific language
Facilitator: Kai Scott
President + Gender Strategist, TransFocus Consulting Inc.
Kai pairs his technical skills from 15 years as a social scientist conducting social impact assessments with his lived experiences as a trans man to develop innovative solutions for greater inclusion of gender diversity. He uses exploratory, evidence-based methods and quantitative and qualitative tools?like interviews, surveys, systems reviews and spatial analyses?to develop solutions that create real, measurable change.