Emergency First Aid - August Cohort
• Preventing and preparing to respond to emergencies
• The EMS system (Emergency Medical Services) - when and how to access help
• Airway and breathing emergencies (choking, asthma, anaphylactic shock)
• Circulation emergencies (life threatening bleeding, heart attack, stroke, shock)
• Respiratory and cardiac arrest
• CPR and AED's
• Wound care
• Workplace documentation and how to complete a first aid record
• The Occupational Health and Safety Regulation (OHSR) and safety data sheets
• Roles and responsibility of a first aid attendant in the workplace
• Online e-manual (comprehensive PDF guide)
• Digital certification cardFacilitator: Whistler First Aid
Whistler First Aid has been providing first aid training services to businesses and individuals in the Sea to Sky corridor for over 7 years. Their team of educators are also first responders in our community and have extensive real life experience in emergency care.
Striving to provide a fun, comfortable and educational experience for students, Whistler First Aid's courses include scenario-based practice and skills stations to help prepare you for emergency situations. Courses are also a great team-building exercise!
Whistler First Aid has kindly offered to provide first aid kits, restocking supplies, and disaster kits at a discounted rate for Members of the Whistler Chamber and any local businesses registered for this course. They also provide first aid attendants or medics for special events. If interested, contact email@example.com.
This course has a max capacity of 18 participants.
A unique email address is required for each attendee. This is a requirement in order to process the Emergency First Aid certifications at the conclusion of the course.
Cancellation Policy: Payment is non refundable for cancellations made within 3 business days of the event, or non attendance on the day. If you have registered and paid for an event or training, you will be automatically added to the attendance list.
Please note: If we do not reach the minimum number required of registrants for this training, we will have to postpone. If we postpone the training, you will receive an email notification at least two business days before the course date.